Outfitters with employee-guides: (Russell Fishing is one of the
- Employee-guides are in the fishing business full time….fishing in the lower 48 during fall and winter. They have “skin in the game”
- Consistency of equipment, boats and customer service. Russell owns all equipment and has a sophisticated training program
- Russell is a well financed company …. No last minute “going out of business”
- Russell is not for sale like several Kenai outfitters are currently
- Assurance of licensing, insurance, permits, maintenance, etc.
- Back up equipment and guides if there is a “breakdown of equipment” or illness
- No “lost salt charters”. Because Russell launches salt trips from Homer and not a beach launch at Deep Creek or Anchor Point. We have had no “blow offs” in last 2 years. Beaches are closed several times each summer. If we are blown off, we have 3 boats so our chance of rescheduling our guests is almost certain. We also immediately move charter to the river.
- Tremendous flexibility for last minute changes
- Company “intranet” and shared electronic communications for quick response to any issue
Russell Fishing Company